by Nissa Hanna
- The Boobox vending machine doesn’t want your money; instead, to score its free samples, customers get an activation code by sending a special SMS from their mobiles.
- Fosfor, the Belgian marketing and design agency behind the savvy sample machine, designed the Boobox to be easily modified to dispense different trial-sized goods. It even has a cooling system for dairy products and beverages.
- The agency is still tweaking the Boobox, but hopes to have it running in Belgian train stations sometime in 2009.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- Consumers love free stuff, but brands need to explore creative ways to make their samples stand out. Enhancing the experience of receiving those goods can go along way toward achieving that goal.
- Vending machines are breaking out of the box, and giving consumers new and improved access to a variety of products, from the high-end to the no-cost.