by Stefania Revelli
- When pigs fly, it will probably be on Pet Airways. On the much later hoofs of 2004’s Companion Air, which invited Fido and Fluffy to ride in-cabin alongside their parents, comes Pet Airways, a Florida-based airline dedicated exclusively to pets (Gadling.com 4.21.09).
- Set to take off mid-July 2009, the airline will launch with service to five major cities — New York, D.C., Chicago, Los Angeles and Denver — with introductory fares starting at $149. Actual fares will be based on pet size and distance.
- Pets travel in private carriers and have dedicated pet attendants throughout their journey. Nervous parents can access 15-minute status updates online.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- Out of sight is definitely not out of mind for pet parents. Regular updates and an as-close-to-humanly-possible experience adds peace of mind, comfort and confidence.
- With animal-friendly amenities increasingly accessible across categories, consumers are not only expecting pet-friendly services, but discerning who is pet-friendlier from who is pet-friendliest.