by Tory Davis
- The Un-Constipated Gourmet: Secrets to a Moveable Feast — 125 Recipes for the Regularity Challenged cookbook by Danielle Svetcov promises to help consumers poo sans lectures on exercise, low-fat eating or odd food pairings involving Metamucil. Instead, the book offers gourmet recipes (the author boldly compares her tome to The Joy of Cooking) that utilize ingredients proven to, uh, get things going.
- Svetcov’s categories for effective regularity: fruit, legumes, chocolate and coffee. Recipes include bourbon truffles, gorgonzola-stuffed dried fig salad, chorizo and chickpea stew, and red wine compote with crème fraiche.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- Constipation is a topic many consumers are embarrassed to discuss, but it still affects them every day. A cookbook that can be bought and used discreetly might gain legions of regular followers.
- Between the gluten-free movement and endless probiotic advertising, digestive health is a hot topic these days. An edgy book that pushes the digestive envelope stands to garner plenty of press.
- The Un-Constipated Gourmet: Secrets to a Moveable Feast by Danielle Svetcov