by Tim Barlow
- It all started with coffee, then energy drinks. Later arrived everything from caffeinated potato chips to donuts. Now Perky Jerky, the caffeinated beef jerky, is here, stopping meat cravings and drowsiness in one savory snack.
- Made with guarana, each Perky Jerky bag contains 150mg of caffeine, or almost two cans of Red Bull (80mg each).
- The guys at Perky aren’t just jerky jerky pushers — from crowdsourcing sponsorship options to a Newman’s Own-inspired cause partnership, they’re all business with this buzzing beef.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- While some might think the energy product space has reached a certain degree of silliness, it’s hard to argue with the category’s success. The business of energy is booming, much to our racing hearts’ chagrin.
- Snacking is enjoying somewhat of a resurgence; might the biggest strides be coming in functional snacks? For consumers, tasty product + popular functioning ingredient = desirability.