by Stefania Revelli
- For the woman who’s self-conscious about flab, sag or jiggles, arm shapers boost the upper-body confidence level.
- Solidea Silver Wave Slimming Arms ($95) are cellulite-fighting skin sleeves for upper arms and shoulders. The micro-massaging fabric gently massages skin to improve circulation, while anti-microbial silver ions leave skin fresh and clean.
- Described as “Spanx for your arms,” the Tres Sleek Pleine Arm Shaper ($31) promises to reduce underarm fat by an average of one to three inches (LindasOnline.com 11.09).
- Lytess Anti-Cellulite Sleeves ($30) integrate cosmetic ingredients like caffeine, shea butter and mango butter into the fabric (“cosmetotextiles”). Simply moving around will release the active ingredients, which firm and hydrate skin.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- Firm, tone and smooth without the gym? Functional clothes that promise double-duty with minimal effort are an attractive fitness alternative for many women (at least until swimsuit season rolls around.)
- For most women, better body confidence is priceless, especially when it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg to obtain.