by Nissa Hanna
- Beta site Giiv is offering gift givers and receivers “texting with benefits.” Through the service, present presenters have a simple and instantaneous way to deliver their gifts: via text message.
- The giver picks a gift from one of Giiv’s retail partners (including Amazon, Toms Shoes, Barnes & Noble, Teleflora, Wine.com and Travelocity), enters the friend’s mobile number on the service’s site, adds a personal note and sends it off.
- The recipient gets a text message with a Giiv code for redeeming the present from the retailer.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- Text-enabled gift giving makes sense for givers who struggle with planning their present purchases ahead of time. The convenience of the instant delivery method removes the hurdles that prevent prompt gifting.
- Text gifting also makes it easy for givers to spontaneously send presents for non-holiday events that warrant tangible acknowledgments.
- Giiv: The service is free to use