by Rocio Zamora Arzola
- We’ve told you about Latino toddlers lagging in basic cognitive skills: vocabulary, listening and problemsolving. Research shows that TV programming can aid in early childhood development. Putting two and two together is Dos y Dos, a bilingual live-action show for Spanish-speaking preschoolers.
- Kids are drawn to the live four-person cast that sings, plays, dances and educates in Spanish and English (SpanglishBaby.com 6.29.10). Each half-hour show, broadcast on LATV, features three music numbers performed in Spanish, with one of those also performed in English.
- Dos y Dos is designed to build skills deemed critical for early childhood development. The show also teaches core values like sharing, helping and the importance of teamwork.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- With educational budgets being cut back, parents look to the media to pick up some of the slack, particularly in teaching basic skills that they themselves lack.
- Parents will make sure their kids are tuned in to an entertaining program that educates, while they gain awareness of the sponsoring brands.