by Sairica Rose
- Thirty-three heralds the most hectic time in a Brit’s life. According to research by Hotmail, it’s all work and little play for 66% of British of this age, who spend over 38 hours per week in the office. Over half (56%) regularly take work home and over a third only get five hours sleep a night (FemaleFirst.co.uk, 8 November 2010).
- Social life gets the back burner, with 60% going out only once or twice a week, and the same number double-booking work and social appointments. One in five 33-year-olds don’t go out at all. 90% of women aged 33 believe they are three times busier than men (DailyMail.co.uk, 1 November 2010).
- Today is more choc-a-bloc than yesterday for 65% of 33-year-olds, who have five hours less free time per week than they did five years ago, while 42% lose a whole day per week.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- The 30s are a tough time: Juggling career, friends, family and often kids can give multitasking a whole new meaning. Brands that provide an outlet or help relieve the pressure — or at least make it seem more manageable — are bound to get the thumbs up.
- Busy just keeps getting busier, especially if you’re a woman: Female 30somethings often find themselves under equal or greater pressure than their male counterparts.