by Lisa Parks
- A budding entrepreneur, Crush Media founder Renae Bluitt sought like-minded female business owners to share experiences with. Her solution: launching a blog called In Her Shoes, which seeks to empower female African American entrepreneurs with content to encourage and enlighten.
- Smart and sassy, the blog includes categories like “In the Bag,” where women share what’s in their purses. “Currently Crushing On” reviews gadgets that add tech ease to everyday life. “Check On It” advises on media and events that highlight female empowerment, like the movie For Colored Girls and a Black Girls Rock! TV special.
- The blog hosted a roundtable titled “Facing Your Fears: Tales of a Fly Female Entrepreneur,” where five N.Y.C. businesswomen discussed their secrets of success (CentricTV.com, 5 November 2010).
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- BeehivingSM businesswomen are taking networking to the next level by seamlessly combining their social networks through websites and meet-ups.
- New owners of small businesses can get overwhelmed without the interaction of colleagues and mentors. Blogs are giving women access to encouraging supporters.