by Anindita Sengupta
- A chain of sweet shops has adopted technology to make life easier, and sweeter, for its customers. At Sri Krishna Sweets, as many as 85 varieties of sweets and savouries are prepared every day and transported to various outlets. The entire process has been systematized.
- Bar-coding allows them to track each tray. Sales data across 50 outlets is captured online. “This is a wonderful weapon,” says the company’s managing director, M Krishnan, referring to the bar-coding technique (HinduBusinessLine.com, 17 January 2011).
- Sri Krishna Sweets is also looking at data management to plug leakage and loss.
- The firm has spent about Rs 2 crore ($ 0.4 million) on putting these systems and processes in place.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- Even the most traditional firms are adopting technology as consumers expect smooth delivery in all areas of life.
- There is less wastage and loss as food manufacturers adopt technological processes to streamline distribution.