by Sumaa Tekur
- Mothers with toddlers and the desire to travel are packing their bags and doing just that — they’re hitting the road. But questions of diaper availability, child-friendly restaurants and kid activity zones in new places can be difficult to crack. Enter Momaboard.
- This online resource for “globetrotting babies and their moms” is for upper-class and upper-middle-class mothers who are travelling alone with their children. Founded by globetrotting mom, Kaamna Bhojwani-Dhawan, this website gives parents firsthand information on how child-friendly cities are; and where one needs to go for what.
- It also helps connect mothers so they can travel in groups. There are travel tips, deals, discounts and reviews by fellow travellers.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- Increase in the number of single parents — due to divorce, death or separation — has left many parent-child pairs looking for travel companionship. Sometimes, the spouse is too busy with work to join them and mothers and children can decide to travel on their own.
- An online networking tool where users post their personal experience is useful for other visitors to the site. It helps them make their travel plans. Honest reviews of places genuinely help the travellers.