by Tim Barlow
- With increased initiatives from both employees and management, corporate social responsibility is getting the business.
- In posts that reference “corporate social responsibility” and “corporate citizenship,” environment is a common theme, with words like sustainability, sustainable, green and environmentalism, all weighing heavily.
- Additionally, verbs surrounding these anchor terms leave little question about the intention of posts: support, demonstrate, create, recognize, focus, promote, commit, dedicate and celebrate.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- Consumers are increasingly making the connection that in supporting a company at check-out with their dollar, they’re also supporting the causes and initiatives of that company, for better or worse.
- All greed and no giving make Jack an unengaged employee. Not everyone can work for a nonprofit, so the infusion of higher purpose into the nine-to-five through corporate social responsibility efforts is emerging as a motivating tool with both external and internal value.