by Nissa Hanna
- And in this corner, weighing in with his fashion point of view… Sylvester Stallone is working on launching a clothing line inspired by, you guessed it, Rocky and Rambo (WWD.com, 24 March 2011).
- The Boomer actor and his business partner, Michael Henry, are aiming to debut a 2012 collection that will appeal to “gentlemen and rebel” Xers and Boomers through an aesthetic that reflects the “dual personalities” of Rocky Balboa and Rambo.
- Stallone’s style sense was piqued between Rocky 2 and Rocky 3 when a drastic weight loss sent him from ill-fitting off-the-rack outfits to bespoke apparel from master tailors.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- The man better known for his toughness than his sartorial taste may be just the right designer to connect with guys who want good-looking clothing from an icon they trust.
- Millennial males get a lot of attention in the fashion field, but the desire to dress well doesn’t end at age 32.
- The Stallone fashion line is expected to retail at midtier department stores like Macy’s.