by Bhavna Pande
- When India won the ICC World Cup 2011 after 28 wistful years, the country celebrated. Also, management gurus were busy taking notes. They SWOT-analysed the win; drew parallels from team skipper MS Dhoni’s leadership strategy.
- India’s top CEOs and team leaders from companies like Nokia, LG, Aditya Birla Retail, Infosys, etc., are weaving in these important takeaways into their management fibre. They have found that like Dhoni, a good leader displays higher EQ than IQ to build a strong team. He was able to transform the team from duds to dudes in a matter of six months.
- A domain specialist like Sachin Tendulkar performs best when allowed to stay focused on the job rather than imposing on him leadership duties.
- Another key takeaway came from Yuvraj, who reinvented himself using personal goals (EconomicTimes.com, 10 April 2011).
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- Professionals, young and experienced, are on the lookout for innovative paths to success in the boardroom. But they realise that lessons are to be found anywhere and everywhere on life’s playing field.
- Corporate professionals keep their eyes and ears peeled for winning formulas and lessons learnt through different success stories.