by Sarah Barker
- Mountain hiking enthusiasts can ascend with the folded Bergmönch scooter in backpack mode, unfold it and coast back down standing or kneeling (Coolest-Gadgets.com, 14 July 2011).
- The backpack/scooter was developed to eliminate stress on joints caused by descending and to turn anticlimactic downward drudgery into a thrilling ride.
- The lightweight Bergmönch has a larger front wheel than rear and footrests instead of pedals. Three waterproof compartments hold hiking essentials.
- Bergmönch, a UK company, sells, rents and organizes hikes/rides.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- Hybrid sports offer fun and a whole new way to experience the familiar. An innovative solution that keeps the thrill going from start to finish keeps outdoorspeople interested and engaged.
- Bergmönch: Backpackable scooters are available at the website for £1.083 or about $2,150.