by Lindsay Paterson
- Beauty Bubbles are springing up all over France, offering consumers a cheap, quick and “eco-friendly” haircut or manicure on the go (e-marketing.fr, 30 August 2011).
- The bubbles offer €10 haircuts for both men and women in 10 minutes. The cuts are performed on dry hair, saving water and electricity — hence the eco claim.
- The bubbles were tested in malls and shopping centres and were such a success that they started springing up in train stations and supermarkets in Paris, Lille, Lyon and Nice too.
- Carrefour Planet hypermarkets are now beginning a process of installing the spheres so that consumers can combine a cheap haircut with the weekly shop.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- Taking a chore like a regular haircut and making it time- and cost-efficient has real appeal for consumers who need more time to do the things they really want to do.
- Innovation and convenience push all the right buttons, provided that the service is good quality too.