by Sairica Rose
- Amsterdam’s Theater Bellevue is helping liberate parents to see films and shows. In September 2011, the theatre added a babysitter booking facility to its ticket reservation system (Springwise.com, 7 September 2011).
- The Bellevue has teamed up with the Babysitter Central Kriterion agency to offer childminding to Amsterdam consumers booking advance tickets.
- When a consumer indicates interest in the service, the agency contacts them directly to arrange a babysitter. Babysitters cost €7 per hour for a minimum of three hours, plus a €3 admin fee.
- Surcharges apply for Friday and Saturday nights and for consumers living outside of the central ring, IJburg and Amsterdam-Noord. The fee is paid directly to the babysitter on the night.
- Reservations must be made at least two days before the performance. The Bellevue gives customers using Babysitter Central Kriterion a €2.50 discount on each ticket.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- Services that conquer complexity with simplicity can lighten the load for multitasking consumers. Removing restrictions in purchasing decisions can earn companies an encore.
- Parents value services that help them add pzazz and spontaneity back into leisure, while offering peace of mind.