by Jana Branch
- “Zero idle power” to the people. That’s what Bracketron GreenZero device chargers and power supplies deliver — a way for energy-aware consumers to automatically staunch the flow of vampire energy (the suck from devices in fully charged or standby mode).
- Designs dubbed Mushroom and Stone add a designer’s eye to eco-cred and easy portability for charging USB and iDevices. When the device is full, GreenZero Technology automatically shuts off the flow of electricity.
- Solutions for vampire energy are increasingly a way for electronics manufacturers to stand apart, like the iGo Green product line and Belkin’s Conserve Socket. iGo also launched the VampirePowerSucks.com awareness campaign, complete with augmented reality, to help device users wake up to the drain.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- Consumers are on the hunt to save money and resources. That means taking a harder look at every area of life for ways to tighten up and lighten up.
- The days of ghettoized green lifestyle solutions is ending. Mainstream consumers want affordable eco-solutions that don’t require a sacrifice of convenience or style.
- Is energy savings about budget realities or eco conscience? Bet on some of both.
- Bracketron GreenZero batteries and chargers debuted at CES 2012, with retail rollout in March 2012, priced from $25 to $35.
- iGo sponsors the VampirePowerSucks awareness campaign.
- iGo Green products
- Belkin Conserve Socket