by Stefania Revelli
- Weight Watchers has taken a cultural cue from other environments (like seats) that accommodate larger individuals; the Weight Watchers Wide Platform Scale has a wider base and a heavier weight limit (Drugstore.com, January 2012).
- The scale has an oversize, wider platform (13.8-by-11.8-inch surface, compared to standard scales that hover around 12 by 12 inches in surface size) and a 400-pound capacity.
- Similarly, the Biggest Loser Lithium Digital Scale — inspired by the television reality series — has an extra-wide platform, a high weight capacity (400 pounds) and progress features like memory, which displays the percentage of weight loss since the last weigh-in.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- A weight tool that is all-inclusive and acknowledges all body shapes, sizes and types boosts confidence and lightens up the intimidation factor.
- More pronounced obesity is a cultural reality that demands product and service revisions.