by Inga Seidler
- Regular cooks know that the most time-consuming aspect of cooking can be finding a recipe and then shopping for its specific ingredients. One-stop-shop Kochhaus aims to simplify things by providing recipes along with everything required to create them.
- Unlike traditional grocers, the shop is not sorted by product type, but according to recipe. Consumers simply choose a meal from 20 step-by-step recipes — which change weekly — and then easily get all the ingredients in one go.
- At various stations, the measure-out ingredients for a whole meal are laid out on tables in an eye-catching fashion.
- The instructions for each dish come with pictures of each step, along with the story behind the recipe.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- Consumers save time and nerves, as they don´t have to run from one shop to the next to get everything they need. It also allows them to experiment with new flavours, without the worry of searching out mysterious or exotic ingredients.
- Waste-watching is an increasingly important part of the shopping agenda: Since the ingredients can be purchased in exact measures, customers don`t have to buy more than they really need.