by Cree McCree
- Outdoor entertaining is a backyard tradition. But why should the grillmeister miss all the fun? iGrill, a Bluetooth-enabled thermometer, lets chefs mingle with the guests instead of hovering over the coals.
- iGrill works as a standalone thermometer but earns its keep with remote apps. Once they set the desired temperature, chefs can wander anywhere within a 200-foot range. As soon as the meat is ready, iGrill beeps and sends an alert to their iPhone, iPad or iTouch device.
- Available in black or white, iGrill comes with recipes and handy tips like how to debone a fish.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- App-happy consumers love controlling every aspect of their lives with their trusty smartphones. And while frivolous apps abound, this one is actually useful. Presetting temperatures for grilled meats eliminates a lot of guesswork: No more charred burgers or undercooked chicken!
- Outdoor living continues to go high tech. Add iGrill to the growing list of plugged-in barbecue accessories, from infrared grills to outdoor fridges.
- iGrill retails for $80.