by Lindsay Paterson
- The Ethnicia chain of beauty salons in France is the first to offer a “beauty passport”, allowing members unlimited access to services tailored to their specific needs (SortirAParis.com, 27 May 2012).
- Users sign up for the passport that best suits their needs, ranging from €79 per month for unlimited hairdos, manicures and makeup sessions, to €249 for unlimited access to all the services that the salons offer.
- The founder of the chain, Hapsatou Sy, hopes that the passport will reduce stress for working women in particular, by giving them all the beauty treatments that they need whenever they need them with no financial surprises.
- The Ethnicia chain is unique amongst French beauty salons in offering hair, beauty treatments, wellbeing, spa and slimming treatments, hair extensions and makeovers all under one roof.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- For many French women, a visit to the salon is a regular part of life, but when household budgets are stretched, it can seem like a bit of an indulgence.
- Giving consumers the precise services they want, whenever they want them, for a set price lets them satisfy their habit and deal with unexpected needs with few worries about the cost.