by Jennifer Bajdan
- Casino games have become so popular in the Czech Republic that the city’s capital has opened a specialty casino — aimed at young children (365IdeasDeNegocio.blogspot.com.es, 15 June 2012).
- The hall, decorated in Las Vegas-style glitter and lights, features traditional games like roulette, poker and slot machines, which kids can play using gold-coloured tokens.
- The tokens — which cost 10 cents each — can be traded in for prizes. The most expensive prize is child-sized, fully functional replica of a Harley Davidson motorcycle worth 32,000 tokens.
- The clientele primarily consists of preschoolers, whose parents use the casino to celebrate their children’s birthdays.
- The venue has generated controversy in the Czech Republic and many openly oppose it, but most psychologists say that no game is harmful in itself — it all depends on family education.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- Kids today are exposed to many adult concepts and Czech parents appreciate some coaching on how to deal with this — whether they are for or against it.
- Many Czech parents don’t see the danger in letting kids dabble in an adult’s world — they just think it’s cute.