by Stefania Revelli
- Drop off your kids, your husband and, now, your dog while you shop. An Ikea Germany outlet in the region of Cologne has added dog parking to its storefront (Dog-Milk.com, 9 August 2012).
- Ikea’s service provides individual Astroturf quadrants with bowls of water in front of the store, where owners can drop off their pets while they shop. Colorful kennels are also available for smaller dogs (or any other small pet).
- Ikea has an established children’s drop-off area and recently launched Manland, a guy-friendly space for men who are waiting around.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- From workplaces to hotels and restaurants, more spaces are coming up with creative solutions to keep pet owners confident and content. It’s a smart move for retailers to expand childcare-friendly options to all members of the family.
- Ikea’s entire model is designed around convenience and a happy shopping experience. Adding a dedicated space for pets alleviates the worry of where to leave Fido.